JOINT CENTRALIZED ADMISSION TEST EXAMINATION (JCAT)JCAT or JOINT CENTRALIZED ADMISSION TEST is for MASTER OF SURGERY (MS), DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (MD) AND MASTER OF DENTAL SURGERY (MDS) etc.
The test is accepted in many government universities and is valid for 1 year.
ELIGIBILITY Criteria JCAT:The applicant on the last date of submission of applications for admission must possess the:
i. Certificate of one year’s House Job experience in institutions recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.
ii. Basic Medical Qualification of MBBS / BDS or equivalent medical qualification recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.
iii. Valid certificate of permanent or provisional registration with Pakistan Medical &Dental Council.
Note:You can also do B.Sc from Punjab Institute of Cardiology
JCAT Marks distribution:
- The total marks of the JCAT Examination will be 250 and to be divided as follows:
- Written Paper Total Marks = 200
- Video-Projected Clinical Examination Total Marks = 50
- Basic Sciences 50 MCQs
- Anatomy 15 MCQs Questions
- Physiology & Biochemistry 15 MCQs
- Pathology 10 MCQs
- Pharmacology 10 MCQs
- General Medicine (for MD) 35 MCQs
- General Surgery (for MS) 35 MCQs
- Dental Surgery (for MDS) 35 MCQs
- Specialty Specific 15 MCQs
JCAT result and admission
- The candidate must have passed both components (written paper and VPCE) of JCAT Securing at least 50% marks in each component of the examination and 60% in total to be declared to have passed the examination.
- JCAT examination shall be valid for one year.
- Passing in JCAT examination shall not automatically guarantee admission to training program which will depend upon available slots.
- The final admission will be made as per policy of Government of the Punjab, Specialized Healthcare and Medical Education Department, prevailing at the time of final induction/admission.
- According to the PM&DC Rules & Regulations, “Candidates shall not be allowed to enroll in two training programs of university and CPSP of the same or different specialties at the same time and to take examination of both institutions”.
- Each and every program may not be available at all the institutions. For the matching purposes. It is the responsibility of the candidate himself to make sure that the specialty he is opting for is available in that specific institute. Priority will be given to subjects rather than institutions during allocation.
Fatima Jinnah Medical University FJMC,King Edward Medical University (KEMU) Lahore, University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore also accept JCAT.
You can download the form from the link given at the end.
JCAT form Instructions1. Use CAPITAL letters and write your details exactly as they appear in your documents.
Incomplete application form will not be accepted / entertained.
3. Cutting / over writing / tampering is not allowed.
4. Candidates found to have made false or incorrect statements in the form are liable to be expelled.
You can also look UHS MCAT syllabus
Answered all relevant fields and attached attested copies of all below mentioned documents/certificates
- Equivalence of O & A levels from IBCC
- DMCs& Degree of all MBBS/BDS/equivalent professional examinations
- Attempt Certificate of MBBS/BDS/equivalent
- House Job Completion Certificate (One Year)
- DMCs and Degrees of M.Phil./MD/MS/MDS/FCPS or Equivalent (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Four Passport size Photographs in blue background
- Valid PM&DC Registration
- Pay Order/ Bank Challan Receipt (attached in original)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Current Employer
Download JCAT form:
To get the up to date JCAT application form,you should visit JCAT official site.
The form given below is official JCAT medical test application form.
You can call Phone No. 042-9921145-54, 37350065 for further queries.