Tuesday 21 March 2017

What is Quran like to me?

I’m a student of age 19. Earlier when I was 15, I was badly addicted to music , obeying illicit desires and didn’t give any importance to orders of God !!! I had not prayed once in the last 3 years (which is an obligation) so I , though being born in a Muslim family , was completely unaware of Islam (just as everyone else). I didn’t feel any guilt because of being brain-washed by media which makes us not to think why we do what we do and what’s the truth !! and all what I was concerned about was to enjoy life by following all of my desires no matter how condemned in Islam. I used to get out of religious company . I did learn reading Quran in my earlier age but It was no more than learning a language for I didn’t know what Tawheed, God and Hereafter really are !! What happened to different Prophets in different times.What did people do to them and after all I never wanted to think that I would be punished for disobeying God and making my desires, my god !
One Friday , at 1;30 pm which coincides with Friday prayer time, I returned home from school and took one of my sister’s mobile which I had at home.I used to use it to play games. It happened that I saw an app Urdu Quran (Quran translated in my language) and opened it. I had a notion (which everyone else still have) that understanding Quran was exclusive for MOLVIS (religious leaders , considered to be third class man and the men with least respect in Pakistan). When I opened the app , there was the 2nd chapter of Quran in front of me. I happened to read the following verses and that changed my upcoming life altogether.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْهِمْ أَأَنذَرْتَهُمْ أَمْ لَمْ تُنذِرْهُمْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ
Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
خَتَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ وَعَلَىٰ سَمْعِهِمْ ۖ وَعَلَىٰ أَبْصَارِهِمْ غِشَاوَةٌ ۖ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ
Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.
وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَقُولُ آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَبِالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَمَا هُم بِمُؤْمِنِينَ
And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.
يُخَادِعُونَ اللَّهَ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَمَا يَخْدَعُونَ إِلَّا أَنفُسَهُمْ وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ
They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not.

These verses were related to the hypocrites and I considered as if I were held accountable by these verses.
Quran

From that I started prayers yet also slowly,slowly leaving the world of sins. Then after two days ,the holy month of ramadan begin and we were on holidays.Fasting all the day made me to control my desires and worship God five times a day ! My brother happened to have Quran in audio with recitation of Mishary al-afasy with Urdu translation which I listened to a little bit in beginning. It seemed strange in beginning , mainly because of bring totally unaware of meanings of Arabic words but then I knew that Quran is book of Tawheed (Oneness of God) which increases faith in God,His attributes and in His Oneness to an enormous extent ! I slowly slowly,in a period of 6 months, left music completely as Quran and music are like light and darkness.When light comes , darkness fades ! So at the end, I eventually replaced the addiction of music with listening to the Word of God ! The first time , Quran had a significant effect on me. But as I continued listening to it, I was able to understand the meaning of verses just by listening to Arabic. With that , Now I can feel Quran from my heart. The beauty of Quran kept increasing as I heard it more and more and Alhamdolillah , by God , I have never heard anything more beautiful than Quran before or after that. From that age of 15,in 10th grade to next two years, There was hardly any night when I didn’t cry, listening to the Quran !! All I thought of during the day and night was Quran.

There were many good consequences of this. The pleasure I had in my heart was indescribable as I worshipped God ,hoped for great life of hereafter .I could no longer join people in their evil.. I called them towards truth so that they may also feel the inner peace the way I felt but I was not that simple. Just like as I avoided religious gatherings and talks so does my friends so actually no one liked to hear what God says or what His messenger said. They will take you as someone who knows a little about the world and science and will label you a MOLVI ( Mostly a poor person in society , dependent on people and considered third class citizen as the divisions were done by Britannia when they ruled subcontinent). One great consequence was making the best friends. I made friends who are bounded with me by the relation of faith which is far stronger than any other relation in the world.
I and one of my friend kept beard after knowing the order of Prophet (PBUH).His Companions and those who followed them all obeyed his order. Just because our society whose only inspiration is the west as they ruled them a hundred year , beard is hated among Muslims. None among my family had a beard. My friend had to face a lot of threats from parents to cut down his beard but Quran says to obey parents in every worldly matter but not in the matter in which they oppose order of God. Finally they made him , cut his beard. I , on the other hand faced comments from society but since my father died when I was a kid and my mother loved me, I was never forced to remove it…
Anyways I still have a beard, I never miss a prayer (as it’s obligation) , I don’t support people who make sexual remarks,disrespect women and cross the limits set by God in Quran. I love the believers , try to being good with all and love Quran the most !!! The dream I’ve now is to memorize Quran !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.Team NUST is here to listen you.